Traditionally, Turmeric is a spice that comes from the root of the curcuma longa plant and has been a staple of South Asian and Indian cuisine, contributing to the bright golden colour and rich flavour of many curry dishes. However, Turmeric is more than just a flavouring! Since around 500 BCE, Turmeric has also been used in India as an important part of Ayurvedic, the traditional system of medicine from India that is still practiced today. Now the world has decided to take notice of this superstar root centuries after it was first discovered and now we simply cannot get enough – for all of the right reasons!
More than 200 phytochemical compounds, called curcuminoids, are found in Turmeric. Their pigment gives Turmeric its intense yellow colour. Also, they contribute to the popularity of Turmeric as a superfood! Curcumin is the most important curcuminoid and active compound in Turmeric that have many scientifically proven health benefits.
Antioxidant and Anti-inflammatory properties*
The body’s inflammatory response is important for overall good health. Research* shows that curcumin may support a healthy and balanced inflammation response.
Sun damage, wrinkles, and dark spots in the skin can be reduced by Turmeric due to its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
Migraines and headaches can be result in stress, weariness, neck tension, poor posture, and other problems due to the pain and discomfort they create. Due to the antioxidant and anti-inflammatory characteristics of Turmeric, one of its many advantages is that it may lessen the frequency of headaches and migraines.
PMS no longer*
Premenopausal women who have premenstrual syndrome (PMS) experience a variety of behavioural, psychological, and physical changes. Curcumin has been said to aid in the treatment of PMS because of its neuroprotective and anti-inflammatory properties. According to one study*, curcumin significantly lessened behavioural and emotional PMS symptoms like mood swings and menstrual cramps.
A speedy recovery*
The immune-stimulating and anti-microbial properties of Turmeric have also been said to hasten recuperation, particularly after surgery. Turmeric may helps wounds heal more quickly and lowers the chance of infection. Additionally, Turmeric eases weariness and post-operative pain, which is a health benefit within itself. We all need recovery time however giving our body what it needs, will help us right back.
Managing cholesterol levels*
Used along with medicines Turmeric may also be helpful for managing cholesterol levels. Research* shows that curcumin may protect those at risk for heart disease by lowering levels of cholesterol.
By miravvi: Ultimate Turmeric Complex
miravvi product is a vegan blend of ingredients and a powerful supplement to help you move through the day: expertly blended Turmeric Root Powder (700mg), combined with Organic KSM-66 Ashwagandha Root Extract (200mg), with Ginger Root Powder (30mg) for your daily boost and to aid with the absorption of this unique herbal turmeric supplement, we have included premium grade Black Pepper Powder (2.5mg). Each capsule is easy to swallow and are made to be vegan and vegetarian friendly.
- Certified Organic
- Full-spectrum Nutrients
- Suitable for Vegetarians & Vegans
- No Artificial Colours or Flavours
- Non-GM Ingredients
Soil Association Certified Organic
miravvi products meet the high standards of the Soil Association Standards. Soil Association standards set strict benchmarks for organic food production, packaging, animal welfare, wildlife conservation, residues, and additives to reassure the buying public over the quality of products labelled organic.
Accredited by The Vegetarian Society. ALL miravvi products are accredited by The Vegetarian Society, Non-GM Ingredients, Free from animal-derived ingredients, No cross-contamination during production, No animal testing carried out or commissioned. Capsules are HPMC, a plant-based cellulose material approved for vegetarians and vegans. miravvi products are free from allergens, preservatives, nuts, artificial colours or flavourings, gluten, wheat, lactose, added sugar or salt, milk, fish.
Manufactured in the UK
Member of Made in Britain. Every miravvi product is manufactured in the UK, and to the very highest standards. The manufacturing facility for miravvi products operate to the GMP standards, having gained BRC accreditation grade A for global food standards. The experienced laboratory team are on point with the very latest regulations and standards regarding the development of vitamin and supplement products.
Directions for Use
- Take 1 capsule daily preferably with a meal or as otherwise directed by your healthcare professional.
- This product is not intended to treat, cure or prevent any disease.
- Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle.
- Do not exceed stated dose.
- Not suitable for use by persons under the age of 18.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, taking any medication or under medical supervision, consult a GP prior to taking any supplements.
- Discontinue use and consult a GP if adverse reactions occur.
- Store in a cool dry area protected from light and heat.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not use if seal under cap is broken.
Shop product Ultimate Turmeric Complex
- A recent study published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences shows curcumin, an active ingredient in turmeric, effectively kills certain cancer cells.
- “Turmeric has natural anti-inflammatory compounds called curcuminoids, and these curcuminoids have been associated with a positive effect on various diseases,” says Anya Guy, a Mayo Clinic dietitian. Those diseases include Type 2 diabetes, obesity, inflammatory bowel disease and cancer.
- Increased Bioavailability of Curcumin Using a Novel Dispersion Technology System (LipiSperse®) D Briskey 1 2, A Sax 3, A R Mallard 4 5, A Rao 5 Affiliations expand. PMID: 29974228. DOI: 10.1007/s00394-018-1766-2. European journal of nutrition .
- Cleveland Clinic (Registered dietitian Nicole Hopsecger, RD) says that the curcumin that turmeric contains has antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties
- Novel form of curcumin improves endothelial function in young, healthy individuals: A double-blind placebo controlled study. J. Nutr. Metab. 2016;1:E1089653.
- A study by clinical medicine scholars from the Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco shows that turmeric can reduce oxidative stress.
Disclaimer*: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and have not been evaluated by The Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.